Experiencing Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance
There may be times when Guests may be required to join a virtual queue to experience the new Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance attraction.
Guests with a valid ticket or Annual Pass and a Disney Park Pass Reservation for Disney’s Hollywood Studios will be able to request access to the virtual queue starting at 7:00 AM on the day of their reservation. This can be done before you leave your Disney Resort hotel or on your way to the park. The virtual queue will reopen daily at 2:00 PM for anyone inside Disney’s Hollywood Studios who wasn’t already able to join a boarding group earlier in the day.
Note: Guests must be inside Disney’s Hollywood Studios to access this second virtual queue opportunity, and access to a boarding group is subject to availability and not guaranteed.
Whether it’s your first trip to Batuu or you have joined the fight against the First Order before, there are a few important details to know before you arrive:
- First, make sure you have the My Disney Experience app—with push notifications enabled so you receive important updates about the virtual queue, including callback details and daily distribution times.
- To join, open this app and log into your account to join a virtual queue at one of the distribution times. Distribution times are subject to change. For distribution times, view details about experiencing Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge.
- Once you have logged in, select “Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance Virtual Queue” on the home screen. You will be able to view the current status and next steps for joining the virtual queue.
- The app will indicate when there is no availability for a specific distribution time. Some Guests may join backup groups.
- As long as your My Disney Experience account is linked to your group's park tickets, and everyone has a valid ticket or Annual Pass and a Disney Park Pass Reservation for Disney’s Hollywood Studios, you can enroll everyone in the virtual queue at the same time*. In order to give as many Guests as possible the opportunity to join the Resistance, each Guest can enter the virtual queue no more than once per day.
- Make sure push notifications are turned on for My Disney Experience so you will be alerted if your group is called to return. You’ll have up to an hour from the time of the alert to go to the entrance of Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance.
- When you join the virtual queue, you will be assigned a boarding group. You can check the app and digital signage around Disney’s Hollywood Studios to see which boarding group is currently being admitted to Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance.
You will be able to join one boarding group per day. Admission into Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge and Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance is subject to capacity. Being assigned to a boarding group does not guarantee entrance to the land, its attractions or its experiences.
For additional information about experiencing Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance, please check our Frequently Asked Questions.
*Select one member of your party to access the virtual queue for everyone in your group. If multiple people in your party try to join the virtual queue simultaneously, that may complicate your ability to secure a boarding group.